Thursday, August 21, 2008

dual vertical monitors

yesterday my manager came in to my room randomly, after being sparse from my area of the office for a month or two, and asked me how i was doing, in his typical style: "are you having fun, son? are you coming into work on time?" then he asked, "do you need anything? hardware wise?" before i said no, he said, "i'll get you another monitor."

so now here i am sitting with two 1920x1200 widescreen monitors on my desk. i am virtually impossible to see if you're just walking by my room because i am completely blocked by the two 2 ft tall monitors.

and yes, this morning i decided that it would be a good idea to rotate them both 90 degrees, so i have two monitor towers, from which i can code without ever having to scroll through a function. (of course, that says alot about my bad coding style.) and i've downloaded ultramon - a utility to expand your desktop, allow multiple wallpapers, and extend your task bar - not a giant japanese transforming summoned-by-card beast. i can see easily how, once you go beyond your typical 1200x800 lcd monitor, it's hard to stop before you have a 3x3, 50 megapixel jumbotron display.

No comments: