Sunday, October 3, 2010

fall sunday night

it's chilly again. mainly it's the feeling that the weather is changing again and another year is truly passing. somehow this year i feel it sharper than before - it's like i could pinpoint the moment my windows started being chilly instead of breezy. this past week it started getting cold in the mornings and today was the first of many where it is harder to get out of bed than usual because it's so cold outside of my blankets. i ride around and there's a shuffle of leaves and crunching acorns under my wheels, and my hands become ice cold from not wearing gloves while biking. maybe the fickle boston weather will bring us some heat again. but it's the first real taste of the crisp air all day long, and the first real need of my peacoat and beanie. it is definitely fall.

No comments: